What is the Auto Update Program (AUP)?
Oracle Service Cloud Updates
The Auto Update Program (AUP) delivers the latest product capabilities through scheduled, reoccurring updates enabling your business to provide maximum value to your customers, call center agents, and Oracle Service Cloud administrators.
AUP allows you to stay current on Service Cloud features and functionality. Product releases occur four times a year: February (A), May (B), August (C) and November (D).
The following steps reoccur for each Service Cloud release in alignment with a site's Update Preferences:
- An email will be sent after General Availability to remind you about the scheduled update. The email will include the 'upgrade site creation date' for your site. (You can skip or reschedule in Configuration Assistant.)
- If you have any conflicting production development, please change the site creation date in Configuration Assistant.
- A second email will be sent seven days before the update is scheduled to begin to further remind you.
- Your upgrade site will be automatically created on the scheduled date. A notification will be sent when the upgrade site creation process starts.
- At this point your site is locked into the release and Custom Object deployments are locked.
- Cutover is scheduled to align with the site's Update Preferences (Two weeks later by default).
- The exact clone start time is not applicable because the upgrade site database is built from data backups. Backups are created at different times in different data centers but are generally reflective of the production data within a 24 hours window.
- A notification will be sent when the upgrade site creation process finishes.
- Conduct acceptance testing (recommended)
- Update to new version in production
- You can reschedule the cutover in Configuration Assistant.
- Notifications are sent to confirm the start and end of the update downtime (Generally five minutes of downtime)
- Conduct post cutover testing (recommended)
Any contact on your organization record who has opted in to Auto Update Program messaging will receive all the messages listed above. You can opt in or out of these messages by modifying your contact profile.
This presentation provides a comprehensive discussion about best practices for configuring and executing updates for your Service Cloud site. Topics include scheduling options, acceptance testing, and product changes.
Running the latest version of Oracle Service Cloud means that you have access to the latest product capabilities to deliver maximum value to your customers, call center agents, and administrators. Automated updates streamline the update experience so your time can be spent delivering value to your customers instead of engaging in lengthy update processes.
Any site that utilizes standard product functionality and associated configuration options qualifies for the Auto Update Program. Sites that also utilize custom capability such as custom .php scripts, addins, custom objects, Connect Web Services, REST, and cron jobs will qualify for the Auto Update Program if the custom capability is entirely built within backward compatible managed frameworks such as Connect. To see if your site qualifies, contact your Technical Migration Manager or Account Executive for a review of your implementation.
All Service Cloud sites implemented on the May 2014 version and newer are automatically enrolled in the Auto Update Program.
As of May 1, 2017, participation in the Auto Update Program is required for all Oracle Service Cloud production sites that adhere to the technical requirements for the Auto Update Program.
For More Information
To see if your site qualifies for the Auto Update Program, contact your Technical Migration Manager or submit a service request.
To report a technical problem, submit a service request.
Service requests submitted during the update cycle and after update are subject to the standard service level targets specified for your organization and service request severity. Oracle Service Cloud support agreements can be found on the Oracle web site.
Oracle customers are responsible for addressing Oracle Service Cloud Deprecations before the deprecated capability is removed and the site’s readiness to upgrade is lost.
- File Type pdf Auto Update Program Data Sheet.pdf (236.89 KB)