How do we configure advanced chat routing?
Oracle B2C Service, Oracle Service Chat
A skill requirement relaxation timer has been added to Advanced Routing for Chat. This skill relaxation gives you the flexibility to better control agent assignment based on their skills while eliminating long wait times for customers to be matched with an agent with the right skill set.
Enhancements to Chat advanced routing ensure that new chat requests will be routed to the agent with the fewest number of active chats.
The chat advanced routing feature was introduced in order to allow you to route incoming chats to agents with specific language or product skills. Routing chats to agents with a specific skill set ensures that customers’ questions are answered accurately and efficiently. Administrators will be able to track the performance of advanced routing of chat sessions using new standard reports.
For information and pricing and to have this feature enabled, please contact your Sales Account Manager.
Once enabled, to configuring the advanced chat routing for your site you will need to follow these steps:
1. Define products and categories. Refer to Adding, editing or removing Service products and categories
2. Add product and category fields to the Live Help page of the customer portal.
3. Create an advanced routing chat queue from Configuration-> Application Appearance-> Customizable menus-> System Menus-> Chat Queues.
4. Create and activate a rule to route chats to the advanced routing chat queue.
5. Assign advanced routing permissions to a profile from Configuration-> Staff management-> Profiles-> Service tab ->Chat. Make sure your agents have access to the advanced routing chat queue defined in the business rule and that you grant them chat permissions. You can also select two options for a chat routing queue by setting a value for Primary or Overflow options.
6. Assign Language skills and product Skills from Configuration-> Service-> Product Skills/Language Skills
7. Assign skill score to a staff account from Configuration-> Staff Management-> Profiles-> select Skills from the Ribbon.
a) The account skill scores page opens
b) Select the product or language tab
c) Select a product or language from the drop-down menu.
d) Click the green plus sign to add it to the profile.
e) Assign the skill an account score from the drop-down menu.
f) Click the Save and Close button on the ribbon.
Products and categories selected by the customer and the language of the customer portal page from which the chat was initiated determine which agent skills are required. If your customer is viewing the English version of the customer portal when they initiate the chat, connecting them to a chat agent fluent in English is going to provide the best experience. If your customer is looking for information about your newest product, connecting them to a chat agent who is an expert with that product is going to provide the quickest resolution.
Additionally, you can track the performance of advanced routing of chat sessions using standard reports available at Public Reports > Service > Advanced Routing.
For additional information, refer to the 'Configuring Advanced Routing for Chat' section in online documentation for the version your site is currently running. To access Oracle B2C Service manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle B2C Service Products.