How do I create navigation sets for our staff?
Navigation sets, Tool Window
Navigation sets are the visual layout and accessible items in the Oracle B2C Service Console when a staff member logs in. Navigation sets are specified in the staff profile. They control which buttons, reports, and explorers a staff member sees in the left side of the console screen. They are also specific to an interface.
A navigation set consists of the following:
- Navigation panes are the distinct sections of the console, including the navigation buttons, Home Items, Recent Items, and Outlook Items.
Note: Outlook items are visible only if you have Outlook Integration enabled and configured.
- Navigation buttons are the features listed in the left pane that allow access to the different types of records and reports in your site. When the navigation pane is collapsed, each button displays as an icon.
- Navigation lists are the list of reports and items within a navigation pane. One example of a navigation list is the list of incident reports that displays when the staff member clicks the Incidents button.
Configuring Navigation Sets
Administrators can add and edit navigation sets if their staff profile has the Business Process Settings option enabled on the Common tab in their staff profile.
When creating a navigation set, you define which navigation buttons are available and which reports and components are listed for each button.
For example, the Notifications component allows staff to view the notifications that are sent to them when an incident is assigned or reassigned. If Outlook Integration is configured for your site, you can include Outlook components, including the Inbox and Sent Items folder within a navigation set.
To add or edit a navigation set:
- From the Configuration items, click Application Appearance > Navigation Sets.
- To create a new navigation set, click New in the toolbar. You can also right click on a navigation set in the right frame and select Copy.
To edit an existing navigation set, right click on the item in the right frame and select Open or double click on the item.
- In the navigation editor, click a button on the left and drag and drop reports and components from the list in the right frame.
- Click the Quick Search button to define which reports are included in the Quick Search menu.
- To disable certain buttons, click the down arrow in the lower right corner of the left frame and select Navigation Pane Options. Disable the check boxes next to the buttons to be disabled and click OK.
- Click Save or Save and Close.
If a new navigation set was created, then it must be applied to a profile to take effect. To do this, go to Configuration > Staff Management > Profiles. Open the profile you wish to apply the new navigation set to. In the Interfaces table > Navigation Set column, search for and select the new navigation set. Save the profile for the change to apply.
Note: Agents must log out and then back in for the new Navigation Set to take affect.
Customizing Navigation Sets
Staff profiles can be configured to allow staff to customize their navigation sets. The Customize Navigation Set check box on the profile's Common tab allows staff to add and remove reports from the navigation lists for each of the tabs that display when they log in.
If the staff member has the ability to customize their navigation set, a Customize List... link displays in the items list. In addition, when the staff member right clicks on an item, the Remove from List option displays
For staff whose profile allows them to customize their navigation set, the navigation set specified in the profile define the initial configuration used by the staff member. From that basis, staff can add and remove items as they wish.
If an administrator edits a navigation set from the Common Administration items, changes to the navigation set are not updated for staff members who can customize their navigation set. Instead, staff must add or remove the item themselves when they are logged in.
Staff can add items to a navigation list with the following steps:
- Click the button on the navigation pane that you wish to customize the list for.
- Click Customize List...
- Add the items from the full list of reports to the navigation list.
- Drag and drop the items in the order to be displayed.
- Click OK.
The navigation pane refreshes to display the new items in their proper order.
Staff can remove items from a navigation list by right clicking on the item and selecting Remove from List.
Adding a web site URL to navigation sets
A web site URL can be added to a navigation set. A web page can now be embedded on the navigation pane. Staff members can choose to have the new navigation section display or not display by selecting the check box in the Navigation Pane options under Tool Windows. Note: The web URL added affects the entire interface, and cannot be changed by staff members who don't have administrative permissions.
To add a custom web site to navigation set:
- Path to setting(s): Select Configuration from the navigation area > Site Configuration > Configuration Settings > and search by Key.> NAVPANE_CUSTOM_WEB_CONTROL_URL
- Input the value of the web site URL, for example: http://www.google.com.
- You must log out for changes to take effect.
- Go to the File drop down at the top left of the console, and chose Options > Tool Window.
- Select 'custom web control' in the Tool Window Visibility listing and click 'ok'.
You will then be able to see the new embedded web page in your Navigation Pane.
For additional information, refer to the 'Changing tool window visibility' section in online documentation for the version your site is currently running. To access Oracle B2C Service manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle B2C Service Products.