Why do we receive a "Cannot start application" error when trying to install Oracle RightNow CX from our launch page?
Oracle RightNow CX admin console installation.
All supported operating systems according to your version: Answer ID 31: Oracle B2C Service Infrastructure Requirements
After clicking "Install Oracle RightNow CX" on the launch page, you receive the following error:
"Cannot Start Application: Cannot continue. The application is improperly formatted. Contact the application vendor for assistance."
Clicking the "Details..." button yields the following information:
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of https://yoursite.custhelp.com/RightNow.Installer.application?launch=http://yoursite.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/yoursite.cfg&dbname=yoursite&trace=true&lang=en_US resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Your Web browser settings do not allow you to run signed applications.
In this case your Internet settings are not set to allow running applications signed with Authenticode. Since Oracle RightNow CX is a signed application this will cause the installation to fail.
To change your Internet settings to allow running signed applications:
1. In Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options
2. Select the 'Security' tab
3. Select the zone under which your site resides (For example, if you have 'yoursite.custhelp.com' added to Trusted Sites, select the 'Trusted Sites' zone. The default zone would be 'Internet')
4. Adjust your settings using one of the the following methods:
a. Click Custom level, set 'Run components signed with Authenticode' to Enable and apply changes
b. Adjust security level slider to 'Medium-high' or lower and apply changes