When doing a quick search, is it possible to edit the output columns for the search results?
Analytics, Quick Search Reports in Navigation area
Quick Search reports allow you to search for specific records based on limited information. For example, you can search for specific contact records by first or last name only or by email address. Similarly, you can quick search for incidents by reference number, sales opportunities by name, or answers by the answer ID.
You can also create custom quick search reports that can be added to the Quick Search menu in the Oracle Service Cloud console.
Creating a Custom Quick Search Report
Each item in the Quick Search menu is a specific report. By default, the Quick Search menu items are system-defined reports which can be accessed from the Analytics > Reports Explorer. For a list of standard Quick Search reports, refer to the Predefined Quick Search reports section in online documentation.
Since each quick search report is a system-defined report, you cannot edit the report directly. However, you can copy the default report, edit the copy and then add the customized report in the Quick Search menu. You can also create an entirely new report and add it to the Quick Search menu.
To copy an existing Quick Search report, use the steps below:
- In the console, click the Analytics navigation button and double-click on Reports Explorer.
- Click the Find icon in the toolbar and search for the name listed in the Quick Search menu.
- In the Search results, right click on the report and select Open Containing Folder to see which folder the report is listed in.
- In the right panel, right click on the report you want to copy from and select Copy.
- Enter the name of the new report and select a folder location and click OK.
Once you have created a copy of a report, you can right click on the report and select Edit to open the report for editing. You can add additional filters or output columns to the report.
You can also create a new custom report to be used as a quick search report. For more information on creating custom report, refer to Answer ID 2509: Creating a basic custom report.
Note: By default, any report set to run from the quick search area will automatically run from the operational database.
Editing the List in the Quick Search Menu
Staff members whose profile has the Customize Navigation Set box enabled on the Interfaces tab can add or remove reports from the Quick Search menu.
- In the Quick Search section of your navigation page, click Customize List...
- To add a report to the menu, find the report in the right panel and drag it to the left panel in the order you want it listed.
- To remove an item from the menu, right click on the item in the left frame and select Remove from List.
- When finished modifying the menu list, click OK.
For additional information, refer to the 'Add Quick Search reports to a navigation set' section in online documentation for the version your site is currently running. To access Oracle Service Cloud manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle Service Cloud Products.