Can I customize the shortcut keys used in the various workspaces?
Workspaces, Shortcut keys, Accelerator keys, fields
The shortcut keys (also called accelerator keys) used with different fields are indicated by an underlined character. The character used as the shortcut key is defined in the configuration of the workspace. When editing a workspace, when you click on a field, the Label Text property allows you to define a shortcut key by adding an ampersand (&) immediately prior to the shortcut key.
For example, in an incident workspace, the shortcut key for the Status field is "u" by default. The Label Text property for that field in the workspace is Stat&us.
To set a shortcut key for the field, click the Text button on the Design tab, enter a label for the field, and type an ampersand (&) in front of the character you want to be the shortcut key. For example, to allow staff members to move the focus to a field with the label "Details" by pressing Alt-t, type De&tails.
You can also add shortcut keys for custom fields the same way. For example, if you have a custom field named Version, you could set the Label Text property for that field to be &Version so that the Alt-Shift-V is the shortcut key.
If multiple fields have the same hot key defined, when you click Alt+shortcut key, the cursor goes to the first field listed. If you click Alt+shortcut key again, the cursor goes to the next field that has the shortcut key and so on.
To edit a shortcut for a field used in a workspace, use the steps below. If you wish to edit a default workspace, you must copy the default and save it to a different location. Then, after editing the copy of the workspace, be sure to update the staff profile to call out the edited copy.
- From the Configuration Items, select Application Appearance > Workspaces/Workflows.
- Navigate to the folder and location of the workspace to edit.
- Right click on the workspace and select Open.
- Within the workspace, click on the field.
- Edit the Label Text property to include an ampersand immediately preceding the hotkey you wish to use.
- Click Save.
- If you copied the workspace to edit the copy, update the staff profile to call out the edited workspace.