Does Cobrowse have an automated timeout feature which will end the session if the agent does not take any action for a specific length of time?
By default, a connected Cobrowse session does not automatically time out. Even if there is no activity from the agent or end-user, that doesn't necessarily mean the session is idle. The agent and end-user may be looking at the screen and talking on the phone without taking any action on the computer. For this reason, the session stays active until either the agent or the end-user disconnects the session.
Cobrowse can be configured to have a session time limit. If this option is enabled, the agent will receive a notification one minute before the session termination, asking if they would like to disconnect or continue the session. If the agent chooses to continue, the session timer restarts. If the agent makes no selection, the session automatically terminates when the session time limit is reached.
To set a Cobrowse session time limit, follow the steps below:
- Login to your Cobrowse Administrator account at my.livelook.com
- From the left side menu, go to Products > Cobrowse > Configuration
- Click on the 'Optional Configuration' link to expand the options
- In the 'Session expiration time (minutes)' field, enter the number of minutes for a session time limit
- The minimum allowed value is 1; the maximum allowed value is 720 (12 hours)
- Click 'Save'
NOTE: The default setting for the 'Session expiration time (minutes)' field is blank, which allows Cobrowse session times to be unlimited.
For additional information on Cobrowse, please refer to Documentation for Oracle Cobrowse.