Why do I receive an Access Denied warning when trying to open a record from Quick Search?
A custom quick search report will return records that can be opened from Reports Explorer, but returns an Access Denied warning and will not open records from Quick Search.
This warning will present when there is not a Default Record selected for a report to open. Though this is not a requirement for the report to function in Reports Explorer, it is a requirement for the report to function through Quick Search.
For instructions on how to designate the Default Record in a report, please follow these steps:
1. Open the report you want to edit.
2. Click the Home tab and click the Records button in Properties. The Customize Record Commands window will open.
3. Click the Default Record drop-down menu and select the record type you want the record command actions to apply to.
4. Click the OK button to save your changes.
5. In the Quick Access toolbar, select a save option.