How can we remove the Console Locked message?
November 2012 and newer releases, Desktop Usage
"Console Locked" message appears on the Agent Desktop after a short period of inactivity on the site. It requires that you input your password to regain access to the console. We do not wish to keep this lock, but cannot work out how to remove it.
You can disable the Automatic lock of inactive sessions for all users by editing the CLIENT_SESSION_EXP configuration setting. This configuration setting specifies the number of minutes the user can remain idle until the user is forced to reenter credentials to continue. Setting this configuration setting to 0 disables this feature.
However, you may want to exempt only certain users from an automatic lock. You can accomplish this by customizing the automatic lock by profile to override the time set in the CLIENT_SESSION_EXP configuration setting.
To exempt automatic logout by profile:
- Click the Configuration button on the navigation pane.
- Double-click Profiles under Staff Management. The report opens on the content pane.
- Select the profile you want to edit and click the Open button on the ribbon.
- Click the User Settings tab to display the Session Timeout field. (Beginning in November 2013, this tab is called "Other".)
- To exempt staff members associated with this profile from being subject to an automatic logout, type 0 in this field.
- Click the Save and Close button on the ribbon.
Important! Even if the value in CLIENT_SESSION_EXP is set to 0, any value other than 0 in the 'Session Timeout' field will be used to automatically lock staff members associated with this profile when the time of inactivity has been exceeded.
For more information on managing desktop users, refer to Answer ID 5412: Desktop Usage Administration.
For example of CLIENT_SESSION_EXP used, but yet agent is stil logged in: Answer ID 5507: CLIENT_SESSION_EXP limit reached, agent still logged in