What is Chat Flexible Incident Editing?
Chat - Agent Console, Workspaces
Oracle B2C Service, All supported versions
With Flexible Incident Editing allows for incidents to always contain the full chat transcript.
You can also create a single, blended workspace containing all editable incident, contact and chat fields. No more switching between tabs, this is more efficient for the agent. Chat workspaces contain new options:
- Search - invokes an incident search report, which is configurable from the workspace designer
- Change – allows the agent to associate the chat with a different incident than the one currently selected. Also invokes the incident search report
- Add New – creates a new incident, associates it with this chat, and opens it for editing as a new tab
- Open – opens the incident associated with this chat in a new tab
- Print – prints the incident record
- Clear – removes the incident association for this chat
Administrators control if, when, and how an incident is created. This is done via Chat Options button on the workspace designer.
To Edit the Chat Options settings:
- Click the Configuration button in the navigation pane.
- Double-click Workspaces under Application Appearance. The workspaces explorer opens on the content pane.
- Right-click the chat workspace that you want to edit and select Open.
- From the Home tab, select the Options button located in the Workspace Properties section.
- The Chat Options editor opens.
- Select your Related Incident Options or Other Options, click OK
- Save the workspace
For additional information regarding incidents created from chat, refer to Answer ID 6084: Explains when an incident is created during a chat session.
For information about changes to chat options in Enhanced Console, refer to Answer ID 7831: Changes to wrap-up mode in Enhanced Console.
For information on how to set the status to Solved for incidents created automatically from chats engaged in Browser UI, refer to Answer ID 12524: Option to Set Chat Incident Status to Solved in BUI.
See also the 'Creating incidents from chat sessions' section in the online documentation for your version. To access Oracle B2C Service manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle B2C Service Products.