Can I route incoming incidents to specific people based on the product, sub-product, etc?
Oracle B2C Service
We want to route incoming incidents to specific people based on the product, sub-product, category, and sub-category names created for our site.
Incoming incidents can be routed based on specific values entered in the product, sub-product, category, and sub-category fields from the Ask a Question page. Incoming incidents get routed to staff or queues by business rules that you create.
Incidents submitted via email do not have product or category values associated with the incident since there is no means for the user to set the field in the email itself. Incidents created from email requests have the product and category values set to Unspecified.
To set up a rule that routes incidents by product or category value, use the steps below:
- Click the Configuration button on the navigation pane. Double-click Rules under Site Configuration.
- Click the Incident button in the ribbon to view active incident rules.
- Click the Edit button on the ribbon to enter the edit mode.
- Right-click the state or function you want to add the rule to and select New Rule.
- Add IF Condition based on Incident > Source equals Ask a Question.
- Add another IF Condition based on Incident > Product and/or Incident > Category. The screen will refresh and provide an operator menu and a list of products or categories.
- Click the Add Action - Then button and select Set Field > Assigned. Select the appropriate staff member from the drop-down menu.
- When finished, click Save followed by Compile and Activate.
When done configuring the incident rule, create a test incident from the end-user pages and select an appropriate product and/or category to test the new rule.
For additional information on incident routing rules, refer to the Rules for Routing Customer Support Questions section in online documentation. To access Oracle B2C Service manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle B2C Service Products.