How do I allow customers to include file attachments with their service requests?
File Attachments allowed from customers
File attachments can be attached to either incoming Ask a Question requests, incoming email, ongoing Chats or all three. Enabling file attachments for email requests is configured separately from enabling file attachments for requests via the Ask a Question page and Chat page.
This information affects incoming service requests from your site visitors and contacts. Staff members can always attach and send files depending on how their workspace is configured. Refer to Answer ID 104: Allowing agents to include file attachments with incidents, answers, and other records for more information.
With email filtering you can specify what types of attachments will be discarded, but not what types are allowed.
Ask a Question Requests:
This functionality is enabled by default for the Ask a Question page (standard FileAttachmentUpload widget).
To allow file attachments with incoming email requests, each mailbox is configured separately to allow incoming file attachments. To do this, use the steps below:
- From the Configuration items, select Site Configuration > Mailboxes > Service Mailboxes.
- Click on the mailbox name.
- Click the Incoming Email button on the ribbon.
- Click the "Enable Attachments" box next to Max Attachment Size field.
- If you wish, edit the Maximum Attachment Size field to set the maximum size allowed for incoming attachments. For more information on the maximum size of file attachments, refer to Answer ID 280: Maximum size of file attachments
- If you wish to block certain file types, choose the File Types tab within the Discard Filter Types and list any files types you want to be discarded.
- Click Save and Close and edit other mailboxes as necessary.
For information regarding mailbox setup, refer to Answer ID 331: Setting up mailboxes in Oracle B2C Service.
Chat File Attachments:
Customers can attach a file so that a service agent can access it during a chat session. The file attachment flow is a one-way conduit - from the customer to the agent. For Customer Portal pages you can add the ChatAttachFileButton widget to the Chat page. Refer to the Customer Portal documentation for the version your site is currently running. To access Oracle B2C Service manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle B2C Service Products.