Why does the incident thread show a different number of attachments than are sent via a response?
Incident Thread, Attachments
Beginning in November 2015:
The Attachments indicator drop-down menu in a thread title bar indicates which files were sent in your response to the customer and helps you identify the point in the incident thread an attachment was added to the incident.
The Attachments indicator will show 'Added to incident, but not sent' or 'Sent in this response' along with the file name(s) accordingly.
In August 2015 and earlier:
The product to shows the number of Attachments that were sent for a particular response. However, this icon only shows what the number of files that are attached in the same edit of an incident thread.
To further clarify please see the following examples:
1. Attach Document to incident and hit save.
2. Create Response and include the above attachment to the response and hit save.
3. Attachment Icon does not show up because no Attachment was added to the incident since the last save.
1. Attach another Document to the incident (do not hit save).
2. Create response and attach both the New and old incident to the Response and hit save.
3. Only one attachment, the new attachment, shows up because it was added to the incident since the last save.
1. Do not attach any document.
2. Create response and attach all documents that are currently attached to incident and hit save.
3. The Response will not show any attachments because nothing was added to the incident.
Note: The Attachments indicator in a thread title bar is not an indication files were sent in your response to the customer—it only helps you identify the point in the incident thread an attachment was added to the incident. If you attach a file and save the incident when there are no uncommitted threads, the attached file will appear on the Attachments tab but not on the Messages tab.
For more information, refer to the following topics in online documentation for the version your site is currently running:
To access Oracle Service Cloud manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle Service Cloud Products.