How do I change the support hours on the Oracle Service Chat page?
Chat - End-user, Chat Hours, Holidays
Oracle B2C Service, Oracle Service Chat
When configuring hours during which chat sessions are accepted, the chat hours use the time zone specified in the TZ_INTERFACE configuration setting (a hidden setting). For information on this setting, refer to Answer ID 605: Setting the time zone in Oracle B2C Service.
Customers can submit chat requests during the designated work hours. If all agents are busy, the customer will be placed in a queue for the next available agent. For users that are waiting in the queue just prior to the end of chat hours, their sessions will not end. They will wait in the queue as per your normal business processes. If a customer submits a request after the end of the designated chat hours, the enduser pages reflect that Chat is unavailable. This prevents new requests from coming in after close of business.
To edit the support hours for Oracle Service Chat, use the steps below:
- Click on Configuration button in the navigation pane
- Open the Site Configuration folder
- Double-click on Interfaces
- Select your Interface that you want to edit chat hours for.
- Click on the Chat Hours button on the Ribbon at the top. (NOTE: If working with multiple interfaces using multiple time zones, it is necessary to log directly into the interface you wish to modify due to the TZ_INTERFACE setting.)
- To add a day, click the Add button and select a day from the drop-down menu.
- To edit the start hour and minute or the end hour and minute for any day, click in the field and type the new value.
- Select the holidays that will affect your chat hours. Chat hours will not be available during the selected holidays. Note: If you have not defined any holidays, this field is blank.
- Click Save and Close
Please note that the CS_HOLIDAY_MSG_ENABLED configuration must be enabled in order for the 'holiday' steps to be effective.
Path to setting(s): Select Configuration from the navigation area > Site Configuration > Configuration Settings > and search by Key.For more information on accessing the Configuration Editor and editing settings, refer to Answer ID 1960: Editing Configuration Settings.
To remove support hours for a day that you had previously provided chat hours for, place the cursor in the row to be removed and click the Delete icon (the red X).
For more information, refer to the 'Configuring the Live Help page' section (path: Chat > Chat Configuration > Configuring Chat for customers > Configuring the Live Help page > Setting chat hours) in online documentation for the version your site is currently running. To access Oracle B2C Service manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle B2C Service Products.