When configuring reports (either the end-user page for answers or administrative reports in the console), how do I set the default search type?
Analytics, Filters, Phrase Searching
Oracle B2C Service
When working with the search options for the end-user pages or reports from the administration console, the filter names below correspond to the search types indicated:
- Phrases -- answers.search_nl
- Similar Phrases -- answers.search_fnl
- Exact Search -- answers.search_ex
- Complex Expression -- answers.search_cpx
The order above is the default order for the options listed in the Search By menu on the end-user pages.
To change the order of these options, you must change the order of the filters in the report.
The only report that lists the search filters in a single menu is the Answers report used for your end-user pages. Reports used with answers in the Oracle B2C Service console list each search filter separately in the order they are listed in the report.
To change the order of the filters, use the steps below. To customize a standard report, you must copy the report and edit the copy.
- Open the report for editing.
- Switch to the Data Set view. From the Home tab, click Views > Data Set View.
- Select the filter you want to move.
- From the Design tab, click the Move Up or Move Down button to reposition the filter.
- Save the report.
For additional information, refer to the 'Search for a record from a report' section in online documentation for the version your site is currently running. To access Oracle B2C Service manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle B2C Service Products.