Collapse Submit a Service Request Contact Information for Technical SupportMy Service Notifications
How Categories are Populated When Creating Content
Answer ID 12444 | Last Review Date 10/05/2022
Why do I see more categories when creating than assigned to the user through their views?
- Oracle B2C Service
- Sites with Knowledge Advanced only
- Adding Categories when Editing Content
The views that the user sees are the user's view categories and the repository categories. By default the repository's categories are ones that you want to always be included IF the content type has those categories. Initially all categories are added to the repository until you have adjusted them into views.
The rule is - Content type categories intersection (user view categories union repository categories).
- If a user userA has view viewA and userB has view viewB
- If viewA contains categories c1, c2 and viewB contains categories c3,c4
- If content type contains all four categories c1,c2,c3,c4 and repository doesn’t contains any categories.
- Then userA will see categories c1,c2 and userB will see categories c3,c4 in the content add/edit page.