Collapse Submit a Service Request Contact Information for Technical SupportMy Service Notifications
Unable to set up rest API user, can't add API role permissions
Answer ID 12004 | Last Review Date 11/04/2021
Why can't I add the necessary permissions to an API role?
- Oracle B2C Service, any version
- Knowledge Advanced REST API
- Site has the optional Knowledge Advanced component
- Unable to set up a rest API user for knowledge advanced
- I'm following the Quick Start in the Documentation for Knowledge Advanced for the REST API.
- I can't add any permissions to the API role.
- Use a staff account with the sysadmin role for this step.
- See Knowledge Advanced Sysadmin Role for information.
- Initially, the role is granted from the system-defined administrator account.
- After that, any sysadmin account can grant/revoke it for others.
- The role cannot be self-revoked.
- The role cannot be removed from the system-defined administrator account.
- See the same answer on the system-defined administrator account for information on resetting the password if needed.