Can I refresh an upgrade site?
Auto Update Program (AUP) site, version August 2016 (16.8) or newer
Oracle B2C Service
When an update process commences, a clone of your production site is made. This clone is updated to the version to which you are updating to create a test environment for release updates. If changes are made to the production site after the upgrade site is created, files and configuration on the upgrade site may not match that of the production site. File changes are automatically handled by File Sync, but major changes such as Customer Portal Framework version change may require an upgrade site refresh. If you refresh an upgrade site, the existing site will be destroyed and a new clone will be created from the production site with the latest data.
How can I refresh an upgrade site?
- Use the "Manage My Update" feature in the Configuration Assistant. The "Refresh Upgrade Site" button will be displayed for all eligible sites under the Update Information page.
- This does not apply for legacy update sites.
Requirements for upgrade site refresh:
- Must be enrolled into AUP
- Oracle B2C Service version August 2016 or above
- Initial upgrade site creation has completed; cutover has not started or completed
- Refresh needs to take place well before the scheduled cutover date. If refresh does not complete in time for cutover, the cutover needs to be rescheduled.
- Custom Fields and Custom Objects cannot be added, modified, or deleted while the upgrade site is being created. See Custom Object deployment error: Deployments are currently disabled for details.
- It is not possible to find out how long a refresh will take in advance. Please allow enough time for refresh to complete.
- As the existing upgrade site will be destroyed, please back up everything you would like to keep.
- File sync function might be sufficient to copy your changes on the production site. Refer Answer 9638: File Sync for Oracle B2C Service Update.
- Details of changes carried forward at cutover can be found in Answer 1925: Changes carried forward at update cutover.
- Upgrade site refresh can take days depending on the database size and the server load.