Why do I receive an "Error Application initialization failed." message when logging into BUI?
All versions, Agent Browser UI, Internet Explorer/Mozilla Firefox
The following error message is received when trying to log into Agent Browser UI using Internet Explorer/Mozilla Firefox:
"Error Application initialization failed. Would you like to retry? This page uses local storage and requires a storage enabled browser. Your browser is not storage enabled".
In order to resolve this, DOM Storage has to be enabled:
- On Internet Explorer:
1. Go to Internet Options
2. Select Advanced tab
3. Scroll down to the Security section
4. Check "Enable DOM Storage" option and then hit Apply and Ok
- On Mozilla Firefox:
1. Type in about: config in the address bar and hit enter
2. Click on the I’ll be careful, I promise! button
3. Scroll down and double click on the dom.storage.enabled entry to alter the “value” from false to true (default setting)
Web storage and DOM storage (document object model) are web application software methods and protocols used for storing data in a web browser. Web storage supports persistent data storage, similar to cookies but with a greatly enhanced capacity and no information stored in the HTTP request header.
By design, our application needs DOM storage to properly function.