How do I control answer visibility for Knowledge Advanced?
Knowledge Advanced, All product versions
Answer visibility for Customer Portal users in KA is controlled by the following:
• The answer must be published
• The answer must be associated to a view that is mapped to an interface. It will be accessible from any interface with a view to which it is associated*.
• If the article has a user group selected (not applicable if User Group is not part of the Content Type's schema), the user must have SLA with the answer access level associated to that user group**.
In addition, results specific to an answer keyword search are specific to the following:
• The text being used to search must be in an answer field that is indexed for search, as configured within the associated Content Type's schema for the answer.
• Content processing must be run for modifications to an answer to apply to a search
*It’s possible to see the contents in a different locale than that of the interface by changing the answer ID in the URL to some other translation. However, the article will only show up in the browse page or search results in the appropriate translation.
**User groups are mapped one-to-one to answer access levels, and an answer must not be mapped to a User Group for it to be available to non-logged in users from Customer Portal.
Further, administrators can activate search results in Knowledge Advanced so that agents, when searching Knowledge Advanced from an incident, can see only articles relevant to the areas the agents support. Please refer to the 'Filtering Incident Search Results by Agents’ Roles' section within the Knowledge Advanced technical documentation for details.