Why is a link duplicated when html is unchecked on the message template?
Oracle B2C Service, All versions
We would like agents to be able to send end users plain text emails, but when we include links they are duplicated in the response which the end user receives.
This is caused by the link automatically being copied into the link text when the thread is not toggled to Plain Text. In order to send a plain text response including a url which is not duplicated, please use the following procedure:
1. Make sure the message template's send box is checked, and that the html box is checked (in the message templates explorer).
2. If changes were made, the message template must be saved and deployed in order for them to take effect.
3. Add a thread response, then click the plain text button to toggle the thread content setting to plain text.
4. Now type the response, including the URL.
5. Click send on save and save to send the response.