What should I know about BUI Tablet Support?
Browser Agent UI Tablet Support
The Browser Agent UI has been created using Responsive Web Design (RWD). This approach to design makes web pages and browser based applications render appropriately on a variety of devices and screen sizes. Tablets are a medium class device size with pixel widths ranging from 600px to 1024px and a physical screen size of 7 to 12 inches.
|Tap||Briefly touch surface with fingertip|
|Double Tap||Rapidly touch surface twice with fingertip|
|Press||Touch surface for an extended period of time|
Most modern tablets support high screen resolutions that will not require the Browser Agent UI to engage responsively. However, in the event that the resolution or screen size is small enough the following UI changes occur.
As the window or resolution decreases in size the branding is removed:
As the window or resolution further decreases in size the following changes occur:
- The Oracle logo is removed
- The Oracle B2C Service application Name is displayed
- The Home, Recent Items, Quick Create, Notifications and User menu tools are put under a single menu on the right.
- Quick search no longer persists the single filter and shrinks to a single magnifying glass icon
- Double tapping the product name in the header reduces the header size, reduces the font and removes the menu controls.
- Double tapping the product name in the header again will restore the header size and controls.
In addition to the main console changes described above the following areas of the product changes when the screen resolution or window size is reduced to a smaller width.
- Tools - Navigation, Quick Search and Application Menu are displayed in full screen overlay elements.
- Action buttons that no longer fit in the action bar are collapsed into a vertical ellipsis dropdown.
- Workspace tabs are displayed in a scrolling filmstrip control. Arrows become visible to allow the user to scroll through the tabs.
- Workspace fields are presented in a columnar top to bottom format.
- Field context menus are displayed at the bottom of the screen.