How do I access the archive console (Archived Incidents component) so that I can search for, print, and save archived incidents?
Incident Archiving, Agedatabase, Archive Console
Oracle B2C Service, All versions
The Archive Incidents console is a component that can be added within the navigation set items.
To access the Archive Console from the agent desktop, follow these steps:
1. If you have access to customize your navigation set, you can select the Incidents navigation button and click Customize List. Under Available Items, expand Service and select Archived Incidents, click Add, and click OK.
Note: Only those who have the 'Customize Navigation' option enabled at the profile level will see the 'Customize List' option. If you do not, you may need to speak to your administrator to either enable that option in your profile or add the Archive Incidents component to your associated navigation set. For additional information on these options, refer to the following published answers:
Answer ID 2508: Customize Navigation
Answer ID 2439: Creating and customizing navigation sets
2. Once the component has been added to your navigation pane, double-click Archived Incidents to open the archive console.
3. From the archive console, you can search for archived incidents, view, print, and save them to your local system.
On all versions:
There is also a standard report that shows archived incidents, report ID 9034 Archived Incidents by Contact.
To search for incidents:
1. Click the magnifying glass icon and enter a search for a reference number or by text in the incident.
2. Click the Search button.
Wildcards are allowed.
Example: Reference Number: 120101* will search for all incidents that were opened on 2012-01-01.
To save an incident in TXT, MHT or HTML format:
1. View an incident and click the printer icon.
2. Click File, Save As.
3. Select the file type and encoding. You can save the file a text file, web page, web archive or as HTML. Many types of encoding are supported with UTF-8 as the default.
4. Click Save.
For information on how to search using the archive console's advances search UI, see Answer ID 7036: How to search using the archive console's advanced search feature.
For information on how to export archived incidents as XML, see Answer ID 7035: Exporting archived incidents.
See "Accessing archived incident records in a report" for another option on viewing archived incidents.