How can I see when our answers were last viewed?
Analytics for Answer Usage
When I run the Answers Viewed report, I get a list of which answers have been used within the specified time frame. Can I get a list of which answers were NOT used in that time frame? I would like to see which ones have not been viewed in several weeks.
The Answers Viewed report does not include answers that were not viewed in the time period specified. Therefore, the Answers Viewed report cannot be used to identify which answers have not been viewed recently.
The Answers Last Access Time standard report uses the Answer Stats table to determine the date and time the answer was last viewed from your end-user pages. The run-time filters in the report allow you to select which interface(s) to include.
To run the report, use the steps below:
- From the Analytics tab, open the Reports Explorer.
- Navigate to the Public Reports > Service > Site Reports folder and double click on the Answers Last Access Time report (Report ID 140).
- Set the run-time filters and click Search.
Join between tables: This report uses an inner join to join the answers and answers_stats tables. As a result, only answers that have been viewed at some point are included in the report. If you wish to include all answers in the report, including answers that have never been viewed, copy the report and edit the copy to use an outer join between the tables.
You can switch the table join from the Data Set window.
- From the report location above, right click on the report and select Copy. Select a folder and add a name for the copy.
- Right click on the copy and select Edit.
- Open the Data Set window. From the Home tab, click Tables in the Data Set section.
- Click on ans_stats and click the Outer join type radio button in the right frame.
- Click OK and save the report.