How can I create a custom report that allows me to combine data across more than one category?
Oracle Service Cloud, All versions
I want to create a custom report that tracks incidents across only some of the categories I use. For example, we have six categories, but I want to report on the incidents associated with only three of those categories.
When configuring a report filter that is based on a menu or hierarchical menu, you can use the "in list" operator for the filter and then select multiple items from the available values.
To configure a report that defaults to search on multiple categories (or products), use the steps below:
- From the Report Editor, select New > Report > select type of report.
- From the Home tab, click Filters from the Data Set section.
- In the pop-up window, in the Definition section, right click in the Expression field and select Incidents > Category Hierarchy (or Product Hierarchy).
- Set the Operator field to "in list".
- In the Value area, enable or disable appropriate values based on your search criteria. You can expand a top-level category to view the associated sub-categories. This allows you to enable or disable specific sub-values as well.
- Click OK.
- Configure the rest of your report and click Save to name and save your report.
When a user runs the report, the Category filter will default to the items that are enabled in the report configuration.
For additional information, refer to the 'Report Filters' section in online documentation for the version your site is currently running. To access Oracle Service Cloud manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle Service Cloud Products.