Why am I unable to remove a Contact from an Incident that it has been related to without deleting the Contact?
Oracle B2C Service
The Remove option may or may not be available in a report used within a workspace.
The "Remove" feature on a Contact report which has been added to a workspace allows you to remove the contact association from the incident, opportunity, or organization without deleting the Contact record.
The "Remove" button is available when using the Contacts relationship item on a workspace. You will not have the Remove option if you are using a Report workspace control instead. If you find that the "Remove" option is not present, confirm that you are using the Contacts relationship item by opening your workspace in edit mode and double clicking within the area of your Contacts tab. You can then choose "Show Details" within the Design tab to see if you are using the Contacts relationship item or a Report control. If you are using a report control, you may wish to consider removing that control and replacing it with the Contacts relationship item.
If you have confirmed that you are using the Contacts relationship item and find that do not have the option to remove contact records from your related list rather than delete them, you may have to adjust the configuration of the report you are using in your Contacts workspace control. Command actions may need to be added to the report you are using to enable you to not only edit the contacts object, but also the object to which your contacts are related.
To resolve this issue, take the following steps:
1. Open the workspace you are using in edit mode.
2. Double click on your Contacts tab.
3. Click "Report" in the ribbon. You will need to choose "Report", and not "Search Report" or "Secondary Search Report"
4. Note the name of the report you are using and the path to that report.
5. Open the Reports Explorer and locate the report that you found in the workspace. Open that report in edit mode.
6. With the report in design mode, click 'Records' in the ribbon.
7. Ensure that your record commands include all actions under the object to which your Contacts are being related. Incidents if you are working on an Incident workspace, Organizations if you are working on an Organization workspace, etc.
8. Save your report.
You should find that you now have the ability to remove contacts from your contacts relationship item on your workspace.
For additional information on this area of the product, please refer to the Adding contacts from other records records section in online documentation for your version. To access Oracle B2C Service manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle B2C Service Products.