Why am I receiving and authentication error when using the Mobile Agent App / Oracle Tap client?
Oracle Human Capital Management Cloud (Oracle HCM Cloud)
Also known as Mobile Agent App / Oracle Tap
There are a number of reasons why you may receive an authentication error when trying to login with the Mobile Agent App / Oracle Tap client. Following is a list of errors you may receive and items you should verify to fix the issue:
- "Server Unreachable" -or- "not found"
- Verify that your URL is correct. Ensure the URL is in the following format: https://<yourDomain>/cgi-bin/<yourInterface>.cfg/php/tap/v1
- Verify you are using VPN client if you require it to access your RightNow Server?
- "Invalid Credentials"
- Verify the Mobile Agent Authentication Permission is assigned to the Profile of the user logging in.
- If this is the first time a user of a specific profile is trying to access the Mobile Agent App, there are some cases where the permission may need to be toggled off, saved, and then toggled back on.
- Verify the user's account is not locked or disabled
- Verify you are using the correct credentials
- "The user is not authorized"
- Verify that the Configuration Setting MOBILITY_SERVER_ENABLED is true.
- Verify that the URL specified https rather than http
- If you are using the Configuration Setting SEC_VALID_ADMIN_HOSTS to whitelist which IP addresses are allowed to connect, ensure that your device has an IP address that is allowed (i.e. Make sure the device is connected via wifi hotspots that provide an allowable IP or you use VPN to ensure you get an allowable IP Address)
- The IP addresses you add the SEC_VALID_ADMIN_HOSTS configuration setting must be a public facing address. For example, if you simply grab the IP of your iPhone it may not work because that's a private IP. To find your public facing IP on the devices go to whatismyip.org or visit Answer ID 245: Restricting computers or hosts that can access the Oracle Service Cloud console and end-user pages.
- "internal server error"
- Verify that the interface portion of the URL is correct
- ""Data Error Unable to load resource catalog from the server"
- Verify that you are connecting to a supported version (i.e. The iPhone Tap client is only supported on November 2013+)
- "Authentication Failure --- Maximum login attempt exceeded"
- Replace the http with https from the configuration URL