What new reports are available for the Knowledge base?
Analytics, Answers, Knowledge Foundation
Beginning in the November 2011 release there are knowledge foundation actionable reports added to help analyze answers for knowledge base maintenance purposes.
The reports are available at Public Reports > Service > Site Reports > Actionable Knowledge Foundation
...and are categorized by answers, escalations, pages and actions, referrers, and searches.
An Analytics tab is now available on the standard answer workspace to display reports about the answer being viewed or edited. The reports provide details about how contacts interact with a given answer on the customer portal. By reviewing the reports on the Analytics tab, you can learn how your knowledge base is being used and make the necessary adjustments to improve customer satisfaction.
The Analytics tab contains a toolbar for performing actions on the reports. Three tabs are located under the toolbar: the Descriptions tab provides descriptions for the reports, whereas the Summary and Top 10 tabs display the reports.
By default, the Summary tab opens and displays the following reports.
- Answer Usage—This report provides contact usage details on a per-answer basis.
- Answer Click-through Rate—This report provides a list of customer portal pages and actions and details about the visits for each.
- Answer Effectiveness—This report provides details about the actions performed on individual answers to provide an overall assessment of how effective each answer is.
- Escalation Details per Answer—This report provides information about the escalations that occurred
The Top 10 tab displays the following reports:
- Top Searches per Answer—This report provides the top ten searches that returned a an answer which was viewed by a contact.
- Top Previous Answers by Answer—This report provides a list of answers viewed during a selected time period, along with the top ten answers that were most often viewed previous to that time period.
- Answer Referrers—This report provides the domain names (www.example.com) that visitors arrive from and the number of times (visits) a given answer was viewed by individuals from those domains.
- Top Next Answers by Answer—This report provides a list of answers viewed during a selected time period, along with the top ten answers that were most often viewed after that time period.
Most of the new tables are aggregated regularly into windows. Meaning, the data is 'rolled up' into specific time periods. Windows are hourly, daily, monthly, yearly. When the end of a roll up window is reached, all of the data for that time frame is condensed into a single summery row of data. Roll ups are used in order to reduce the size of a site’s database. There is no overlap of data in windows.
As an example, once data has been rolled up to monthly, no data will exist daily. Once it has been rolled up yearly, no data will exist for daily or monthly.
For more information on roll up windows, refer to Report is missing older data.