Can I send HTML email messages?
HTML Outbound Emails, Oracle B2C Service
All versions using Mail Scripts
November 2012 and later using Message Templates
- The File Manager Mail Files (also referred to as ’Mail Scripts’) have been deprecated and are scheduled to be removed in the 19D version. For additional information, see Answer 5965: Oracle B2C Service Mail Files deprecation begins August 19, 2013.
- Customers must complete migration to Message Templates before upgrading to this release or later versions. For more infomation, refer to Answer 6143: Migration from Mail Scripts to Message Templates.
In Oracle B2C Service, email messages are always sent in multi-part format. This means that if the end-user has an HTML-enabled mail reader, the message will be formatted and displayed instead of a simple text layout. If the end-user's mail reader is not HTML-enabled, the current text version of the message is displayed.
For more information on customizing the content of your Message Templates email messages, refer to Answer ID 5380: Customizing notifications and email messages sent by Oracle B2C Service.
Staff notifications: Some messages are not actually email messages that get sent automatically. Instead, some messages listed are staff notifications that are sent to the Communication Center.
This includes the following:Incident Assigned, Incident Re-assigned, Incident Updated, and Incident Closed by User. Notifications cannot be enabled for HTML.
To enable or disable HTML messages, use the steps below:
In November 2012 and later, Message Templates Enabled
- Go to Configuration > Site Configuration > Message Templates
- Choose the interface you want to set up HTML email for
- In the ribbon, select the Contact Emails or other ribbon button
- For the applicable message(s), make sure the HTML boxes are checked
- Select Save