How can I customize the Account pages in the Customer Portal end-user page set?
Customer Portal, End-user Pages
In the Customer Portal page set, when an end-user first clicks the Login, the user is directed to the Login page where they can either enter a valid username and password, request to have their password emailed to them, or they can click Create Account to create a new contact record in your site. Once the user logs in successfully, they can access several pages associated with the Account area of the end-user interface.
Files to Define the Account Pages
The files that define the default Account pages are located in the directories below. Staff members whose staff profile has the WebDAV box enabled can download these files and customize them to meet your business needs.
- login_form.php -- this file allows users to log in to the Account area.
- create_account.php -- this file allows end-users the ability to create a new account from the end-user pages. By default, from the Login page, a new user can click the Create Account button to be taken to this page.
- change_password.php -- allows users to update their password used for logging in. Accessed from the Change Password link on the Overview page or Account Settings page.
- overview.php -- the Overview page includes links to other areas of the Account pages.
- profile.php -- this page allows users the ability to update their email address and contact information. Accessed by the Account Settings link in the navigation bar or from the Account Overview page.
- list.php -- this page displays the list of incidents associated to the contact record when the user clicks the Support History link in the navigation bar or the "See all my support questions" link from the Overview page.
By default, this page uses report ID 159 to define the run-time filters and output columns for the incident list. The run-time filters are included in the Advanced Search area at the top of the list page.
- detail.php -- this page displays a specific incident when the user clicks the incident link from the list page.
- print.php -- this file defines the page that displays when the user clicks the Print Question icon from the incident details page.
- update.php -- this page displays when the user clicks Update Question from the bottom of the incident details page. The update page allows users to add content to their incident or to set it to a solved status.
- list.php -- this page displays the list of answers the end-user has subscribed to be notified if the answer is updated. By default the notifications list page also allows the end-user the ability to subscribe to all answers assigned to a specific product or category.
- detail.php -- the notifications detail page displays the content of the answer. At the bottom of the page, the user can click Renew Request to extend their subscription to be notified or they can click Delete Request to cancel their subscription to that answer.
Most functionality of the Account pages is defined in the php files for each specific page. Some configuration settings, though, still impact some areas of the end-user pages. Review the configuration settings below to determine how these should be set with regard to the functionality of your site.
- ANS_NOTIF_DURATION -- Specifies the number of days that an Answer is subscribed to. The subscription to the Answer is deleted after the specified number of days. If this value is set to 0, subscriptions never expire.
- MYSEC_LOGIN_COOKIE_EXP -- Specifies the time (in minutes) before the end-user login cookie will expire. 0 means the cookie never expires; -1 means that no cookie will be set on the end-user's computer. If not 0 or -1, then the minimum value is 10 minutes; any value lower than 10 will be rounded to 10. A non-negative setting prefixed with a '+' indicates that the cookies are required: end-users without cookies enabled on their browsers will not be able to log in. Default is 1440. NOTE: This setting is only used for Outreach Documents.
For additional information, refer to the see the Account Pages (Customer Portal > Account Pages) section in online documentation for the version your site is currently running. To access Oracle Service Cloud manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle Service Cloud Products.