Event Summary and Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
This answer applies only to Oracle B2C Service. For Oracle Field Service customers, please see Oracle Field Service Cloud Production Event Notification (PEN).
If you are currently experiencing a service disruption and need assistance, create a Service Request at Ask Technical Support.
IT services and infrastructure have been redefined by cloud computing. Effective, timely notifications about a service degradation event or an outage is crucial in a cloud environment. Oracle understands the importance of these communications and provides an Event Summary to ensure that necessary information is presented on time to proactively address customer inquiries. The Event Summary provides a short synopsis of a service outage or performance degradation including which systems were impacted and the action(s) that restored service to conclude the event.
Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
The RCA notification provides additional information about the service outage or performance degradation to help Oracle Cloud Customers understand the impact of these events on their businesses, the initial cause of the event, and the corrective actions Oracle has taken to reduce the likelihood of recurrence. The RCA fulfills an organization's requirements to have a deeper understanding of the cause(s) of a significant service outage or performance degradation.
|ENTITLEMENT FOR EVENT SUMMARY|
|ENTITLEMENT FOR RCA|
Impact to cloud environments or services, where one or both were unavailable or inaccessible and meet all of the following criteria:
If not all of these qualifications are met, please request an Event Summary.
Our development team may publish an Event Summary instead of an RCA document in cases where the event does not qualify for a formal RCA. These cases may include, but are not limited to
- If the outage was caused by a product defect or
- If the issue was caused by a misbehaving/misconfigured customization or
- If the issue did not involve actual service unavailability for greater than 60 minutes.
The following events do NOT qualify for an RCA or Event Summary:
- Restart operations requested by the customer
- Issues on unsupported versions of a Cloud service
- Issues that have been fixed on newer versions
- Outages caused by the customer impacted
- Outages affecting trial, internal, stage, or test environments
- Outages for products that exist and operate outside of Oracle Cloud (e.g., third-party products that integrate with Oracle B2C Service or widespread internet service provider outages)
- Outages that were resolved greater than 30 days prior
Obtaining an RCA
Oracle B2C Service customers can request RCAs for issues or outages that have occurred within the past 30 days by opening a new service request at Ask Technical Support or updating the appropriate service request on the support site.
RCA documents are produced in English and are typically provided to affected customers as soon as the root cause analysis is complete. Oracle B2C Service Technical Support updates the associated service request, which allows customers to then download the RCA documents.