What is a snippet and how do I use one?
Snippets consist of small pieces of commonly used content that can be inserted in documents, mailings, templates, surveys and campaigns. You can easily create and store snippets, and add them to your documents at a later time. They can be reused as many times as you need. Snippets are kept in the Content Library.
Snippets are usually in HTML form, but can be created as plain text as well.
To create a snippet:
- From the Content Library > Snippets Explorer, click the New button on the ribbon.
- The content pane displays a list of available options for creating the snippet.
- Select the type of snippet you want to create:
Begin With Blank Content—Select this option to open the editor with no content.
Copy Existing Snippet—Select this option to browse for and open a copy of an existing document or template.
Upload HTML Content—Select this option to browse for existing HTML content.
- Click Save. If this is the first time you have saved the snippet, you are prompted for a filename and save location.
To edit a snippet:
- Click Content Library on the navigation pane.
- Double-click Snippets Explorers. The Snippets explorer opens.
- To edit a snippet, right click the snippet and select open.
- Make any changes you want.
- Click Save.
To use a snippet, when in the document, mailing, template or campaign you are editing or creating, simply click on the Insert Snippet button from the right frame. A list of snippets will come up and choose the snippet you want to insert.
Note: When creating a template intended for use in mailings, tracked links and other Oracle B2C Service specific links should not be included within the template. If this is done, when a document utilizing the template is added to a mailing, the editor will encounter an "XML Parse Error".