Can we change the type of a report after it has been created?
Analytics, Report Types
Oracle B2C Service, All versions
It is possible to change the report type. This can be done at any time, even after the report has been saved.
Report types: There are three types of reports. When you create a new report in your site, you must select from one of the three options below:
- Grid report -- This report only displays tabular data. There is no horizontal scroll bar and all columns are sized to fit within the containing window. Column headers are included in the report. The report title displays in the console toolbar, but does not display with the report data.
In a grid report, column widths can be dynamically resized. In addition, the user can right click on a column and select Edit Format to modify the width or style of the column.
There is no zoom feature to display the results in a different size. You cannot include a graph or chart to this type of report.
Grid reports are useful for operational activity, such as handling incidents or managing answers so that staff can easily resize a column if necessary.
- Standard report -- This report is useful for presentation and contains a report header, including title and sub-title, and a report footer in addition to tabular data. Within the report, data is scrollable both vertically and horizontally. Staff can also use the zoom feature to see more or less of the report page.
Column widths can be dynamically resized by dragging the column divider. In addition, the user can right click on a column to change the column width if the staff profile allows the user the ability to customize reports.
- Standard report with chart -- This type of report includes an area where you can add a chart or graph in addition to the tabular display section.
Changing the report type: To change the report type for an existing report:
- Open the report for editing -- either from the Analytics > Reports explorer or by right-clicking on the report in your navigation set and selecting Edit Report Definition (if you staff profile allows you to edit reports).
- From the Home tab, click Layouts and select the type of report to change it to.
- Save the report. Then, generate or refresh the report in the RightNow Console.