When creating a report, what are the default start/end points of a week? Is it Sunday through Saturday or Monday through Sunday?
Oracle B2C Service, All versions
When running a report that groups data using a week interval, the interval begins on Sunday and goes through Saturday.
If your organization uses Monday through Sunday as a week, you can get an individual week's results by defining date ranges using relative dates and the rounding function. That is, you can have a report generate the data from last Monday through the following Sunday.
For example, you can add a scheduled report for the Service Summary or Answers Viewed reports to include data from the previous Monday through Sunday only.
To get a week's worth of data from Monday through Sunday, you can configure a scheduled report to be sent on Monday. For the date range filter, you can configure the scheduled report to use the filter values to be:
-7 Days Rounded (with Relative box enabled) to
0 Days Rounded (with Relative box enabled)
When the report is scheduled to be run on Monday, the filter retrieves data back to the previous Monday (- 7 days) and rounds down to the beginning of that day (to midnight). The upper end of the range is rounded to the beginning of that day (-0 days) so that data until midnight Sunday night is included in the report.
Note: In order to define filter values for scheduled reports, the filter must be a run-time filter. If using fixed filters, set the fixed filter to use a relative data range from -7 days rounded to 0 days rounded and then schedule the report to run each Monday.
To schedule a report to include one week from Monday through Sunday, use the steps below. By having the report sent each Monday and using the filters set to capture the last seven days of data grouped by month, the report will include only the last seven days worth of data grouped together in one data point.
For more information on configuring report subscriptions, refer to Answer ID 1796: Subscribe People to Receive Reports.
To edit scheduled report filtering:
- Open the report for editing and from the Properties tab, click Scheduling.
- In the pop-up window, click Add Schedule.
- In the New Schedule window, click the Use Defaults link next to Filter Values.
- In the pop-up window, enable the Relative boxes for both ends of the date range.
- Set the lower value of the date range to -7 Days Rounded.
- Set the upper value of the date range to 0 Days Rounded.
- Set the Date Grouping field to be Year or Year/Month. This allows the data to be grouped together in one data point.
- Click OK to close the filter window.
- Finish configuring the fields in the New Schedule window and click OK.
- From the Schedules window, click OK and save your report.