How do I add or edit a quote template?
Oracle B2C Service
Quote templates allow your sales representatives to send standardized quotes to potential customers. The template uses merge fields that automatically populate the contents of the quote to be sent. The merge fields are the table names and column names from the Oracle B2C Service database tables. You can define which fields to included, such as organization, organization address, contacts, and sales quotes fields.
Merge Fields: Merge fields allow you to look up Sales contact information and insert it into the text in your quote. There are three types of merge fields; single, group and indexed.
- Single - fields that have a one-to-one relationship with opportunities. For example, an opportunity can only be associated with one organization (orgs.name).
- Groups - fields that have a many-to-one relationship with opportunities. For example, a quote can have many products (sa_prod2quotes.original_name_group). Note: A group field must be inserted into a single cell in a Word document. Word will build the table around the cell based on how many values are in the group.
- Indexed - fields that have a many-to-one relationship with opportunities and are indexed in the database. For example, an opportunity can have many contacts (contacts.any_phoneN). Note: You must replace the “N” with a numeric value (contacts.any_phone1). The number one is always associated with the primary field in the table.
Note: To ensure the quote template loads properly, make sure that you do not have Microsoft Word open on your machine.
To add a quote template:
- Open the Quote Templates item.
- Click the New button on the ribbon to add a new Quote template.
- Enter the name for the template.
- Enable or disable the template.
- Enable the visibility for the appropriate interface(s).
- Add notes if you wish.
- To create the actual template to be used, click the Word editor button on the ribbon to define the layout. Use the steps in the section below.
- Click Save to save your new quote template.
To create the layout of the quote template:
- Click the Word editor button to add a template. A customized Word editor opens in the page.
- Format the Word document for your quote based on your policies, requirements, and standards.
To add merge fields, click Add-Ins and select the Single Items, Group Items, or Indexed Items drop-down menu on the Quote Template toolbar, and select a field to merge into the template. The selected field will appear in the Word template.
For more information on the different types of merge fields, refer to Answer ID 2030: Inserting Merge Fields into a Quote Template.
Note: If you have an existing Microsoft Word template, you can copy and paste it into the Word editor, or select File > Open and open the template to copy. From the Quote Template toolbar, add appropriate merge fields to your template and click Save and Upload Template. Then, close the file from which you copied your template.
While copying contents from another template, leave the template from which you are copying open.
- If you wish, save the template to a Word file. Note that this action is not required. From the toolbar in Microsoft Word, click File > Save As to save your quote template in Word. Choose the location and name for the template.
- To save your template as a Oracle B2C Service template:
Click Save. The template is saved and the Word editor closes. Then the quote template itself is saved and closes. The new quote template displays in the left panel.
If the quote template is enabled, your sales representatives will be able to select the merge document when creating a quote on the Quotes tab of the Sales Console.
To edit a quote template:
- From the Quote Templates item.
- Double-click the quote template in the left panel and it will ppen.
- Click the Word editor button. The quote template document will open.
- Update the file and any merge fields as you deem necessary.
- Click the Save button.
For additional information, refer to the 'Add or edit a quote template' and 'Merge opportunity and quote data into a quote template' section in the Online Help User Guide documentation for the version your site is currently running. To access Oracle B2C Service manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle B2C Service Products.