How do I edit sales strategies?
Opportunity Tracker, Sales, Tasks
Oracle B2C Service
Within Oracle RightNow Opportunity Tracking Cloud Service, you can define sales strategies for your sales representatives. A sales strategy is a sales plan that includes stages and associated tasks that must be completed in order for opportunities to move through each stage. Strategies allow you to define multiple sales plans based on your business processes and needs. Strategies help to ensure that policies and procedures are enforced.
When you define a sales strategy, each strategy is allowed a set of sales stages, and each stage is allowed a set of tasks. A sales stage can be forecasted, and all opportunities in the forecasted stage will appear in the forecasting pipeline reports. Tasks can be assigned to a staff member other than the staff member assigned to the opportunity.
Defining tasks, stages, and strategies allows you to track the progress of each opportunity as it moves through your system. You can add your sales strategy first and within that strategy, you add stages and tasks.
To add or edit a sales strategy:
- From the Configuration items, select Opportunity Tracking > Strategies to access the Strategy-Edit panel.
- To add a strategy, click the New button on the ribbon. To edit a strategy, click the strategy in the left panel.
- Add the Name for the strategy
- Enable or disable the strategy for use.
- Enable the visibility check boxes for the appropriate interface(s).
- Enter notes if you wish. This can be who added the strategy and when.
- Add stages and tasks using the steps below.
- Click Save.
To add or edit a stage:
- To add a stage, click the arrow on the New button and select Add a New Stage to the Selected Strategy. To edit a stage, click the stage.
- In the pop-up, enter Name for the stage.
- Check if the stage should include a forecast. All Opportunities in stages that are forecasted will appear in the Forecast Pipeline reports.
- If the stage is forecasted, type the forecast percent that the sales representative is expected to close for the stage.
- Enter descriptive notes if you wish.
- Click Save.
To add or edit a task:
- To add a task, click the arrow on the New button and select Add a New Task to the Selected Stage. To edit a task, click the task.
- Enter the Name for the task.
- Set the Task Interval field to the amount of time for completing the task. You can set the time units to be days, hours, or minutes. This is used to calculate the task due date when a task is assigned to an opportunity through the selection of a sales strategy and associated stages.
- Select a staff member to be responsible for owning the task to ensure its completion. If this field is left blank, the task gets assigned to the sales representative who is assigned to the opportunity.
- Enter notes if you wish.
- Click Save.
For additional information, refer to the 'Opportunities overview' section in online documentation for the version your site is currently running. To access Oracle B2C Service manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle B2C Service Products.