How do I create an Unsubscribe link to use with our mailings?
Oracle Service Cloud
In a mailed document, unsubscribe links allow your contacts to opt out of future emails. You can create an unsubscribe link that sets the global opt-in field or a custom opt-in field.
When contacts click an unsubscribe link in an email, a page opens asking them to confirm whether they want to unsubscribe. When you set up the link, you can choose to set the opt-in field to No either before or after contacts confirm through the Unsubscribe page.
Note: When mailing documents, the staff member must include appropriate opt-in filters for the audience segment used with that mailing. The application defaults to take into account the global opt-in field.
To insert an unsubscribe link in a document, use the steps below:
- Open the document for editing.
- On the HTML or Text tabs, from the Toolbox, click the Unsubscribe Link option.
- In the pop-up window, set which opt-in field the link is associated with -- either the global opt-in or a custom opt-in field.
- Set the Mode field. You can either prompt the user and then set the field or set the field first, and then prompt the user.
- Enter the text to use for the link in the Text field.
- If you wish, specify a class, style, and target for the link.
- Click OK.
For additional information, refer to the 'Insert an unsubscribe link' section in online documentation for the version your site is currently running. To access Oracle Service Cloud manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle Service Cloud Products.