How do I create section breaks and sub-totals in my custom report?
Analytics, Rollups, Calculations
Sections of similar data are created by adding rollups to your report. Rollups group rows of your report based on similar values for a specific field. For example, in an incident report, you can use a rollup to group incidents by status or by staff member so that all incidents assigned to a specific or staff member are grouped together.
With a rollup configured for the report, you can then right click on a column value and add calculations such as total, average, maximum and minimum to display for the rollup (for each section) or for the overall report.
Note: These steps define how to add rollups and calculations to a report so that the rollups and calculations display when the report is run. You can also modify a report after it is generated and include rollups and calculations.
To add a rollup to your report:
- Open the report for editing.
- From the Home tab, click Rollups > Choose Columns.
- In the pop-up window, select the field to group by and indicate whether the groups should be sorted ascending or descending in order.
- To display an overall group count for the report, enable the Display Group Counts checkbox.
- Click OK.
- Preview your report. From the Home tab, select Views > Report View and run the report.
Verify the report output and return to design mode for your report.
- If you do not want to add section calculations, you can save the report.
To add section calculations:
- From design mode in your report, right click on a column and select Edit Calculations.
- In the pop-up window, enable the check boxes for the calculations you wish to display. The specific boxes that are editable depend on the type of data in the field. For non-numerical data, you cannot calculate totals or averages. If the report
If the report does not have rollup columns, the Rollups section does not appear. The values listed in the Rollup Calculations apply to calculations for data rollups. For example, you can calculate averages or totals for numerical data in each rollup level.
The values listed in the Report Calculations apply to calculations for the output columns in the report.
- Click OK.
- Save the report
For additional information, refer to the 'Add Calculations to a Column' section in the Online Help User Guide documentation for the version your site is currently running. To access Oracle B2C Service manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle B2C Service Products.