How do I enable Oracle B2C Service Outreach for use?
Oracle RightNow Outreach Cloud Service
Oracle B2C Service, All versions
When Oracle B2C Service Outreach is enabled, several other features must be configured as well to ensure that staff can access the new features and so that email is sent out properly.
To enable Oracle B2C Service Outreach, use the steps below:
Step 1: Enable Appropriate Configuration Settings
When Oracle B2C Service Outreach is enabled on your site, related hidden configuration settings are also enabled. In addition, the EGW_ENABLED setting must also be enabled so that messages can be sent and received properly from your site. This setting may already be set up, depending on how your Oracle B2C Service site is configured.
Path to setting(s): Select Configuration from the navigation area > Site Configuration > Configuration Settings > and search by Key.
Step 2: Edit Staff Profiles to Allow Access to Oracle B2C Service Outreach
When Outreach is enabled, an additional Outreach tab is added to the profile settings. This allows you to grant staff members access to the Outreach related consoles and features. Update the appropriate staff profiles so that you and appropriate staff members can access the Outreach features.
Note: You may also want to edit the navigation set used by the staff member to include the navigation buttons associated with Oracle B2C Service Outreach, such as the Campaigns, Mailings, Content Library, and Audiences buttons. If the staff profile will not allow the staff to edit their navigation set, also add appropriate Outreach reports to the navigation set so that the staff member can access the reports when they log in.
To update a staff profile for use with Oracle B2C Service Outreach, use the steps below:
- From the Configuration items, select Staff Management > Profiles.
- In the left-hand frame, double click on the profile name.
- On the ribbon, click the Permissions button and then select the Outreach tab and check the features that this profile should allow access to.
- If you wish to allow staff to use reports, select Analytics from the top ribbon and then select the Open or Edit options for each folder/report accordingly.
- Click Save to save the edits to the profile.
- Have a staff member log in using the profile and verify they can access the Outreach consoles configured for them.
Note: If necessary, create additional staff accounts and profiles for staff members who will be using Oracle B2C Service Outreach exclusively.
Step 3: Configure an Outreach Mailbox for Mailings
Oracle B2C Service Outreach requires its own mailbox for sending and receiving emails. This mailbox is independent of mailboxes you may have configured for use with Oracle B2C Service.
To set up a mailbox for use with Oracle B2C Service Outreach, use the steps below:
- From the Configuration items, select Site Configuration > Mailboxes > Outreach mailboxes. Note: Mailboxes are interface specific. You must login to the interface you wish to configure.
- On the ribbon, click the New button to add a New Outreach Mailbox.
- Add the mailbox name and complete the Outgoing and Incoming Email fields.
- Click Save.
Note: For more information on the mailbox fields, refer to Answer ID 331: Setting up mailboxes in Oracle B2C Service.
With Oracle B2C Service Outreach enabled, staff access, and a Outreach mailbox configured, you are ready to begin planning and creating your outbound email. For more information on creating an outbound email, refer to Answer ID 1766: Creating a mailing with Oracle RightNow Outreach Cloud Service.