What is a tracked link and how do I create one to use with my mailings?
Outreach / Feedback, Outbound Mailings, Tracked Links
A tracked link can be placed within a document that is sent out to the audience of your choice. When the recipient views your mailing and clicks the link, Oracle RightNow Outreach Cloud Service tracks which links have been viewed and how frequently.
In order for a link to be trackable, the link MUST be defined within your application as a tracked link. You can include other links within your mailings that are not set up as tracked links using standard HTML code. However, only tracked links defined in the Tracked Links table can be reported on based on recipient activity.
To add a tracked link, use the steps below:
- From the Oracle Service Cloud console, select New > Content Library > Tracked Link. Or from the Content Library navigation button, open the Tracked Links Explorer and click the New button.
- Enter the full URL for the tracked link. The icons next to the field allow you to open the URL in a separate window and add a merge field to the URL.
- To disable the tracked link, you can select the Menu Access Disabled box. When the tracked link is disabled, staff cannot include the link in a document.
- To increment the mailing's unsubscribed count when the link is clicked, enable the Unsubscribe box. Clicking the link does not opt the contact out from future mailings. This option allows you to manage opt-in information from outside of Oracle RightNow Outreach Cloud Service.
- If you have configured tracked link categories, set the Category menu.
- Add a description for the field.
- Click Save or Save and Close.
Note: You can create specific categories for your tracked links by adding Tracked Link Categories. From the Configuration items, Double-click the Tracked Link Categories. Click the New button on the ribbon to add a new tracked link category. Enter the Name and enable the appropriate visibility for your interface and click Save.
For additional information, refer to the 'Insert a Tracked Link' section in online documentation for the version your site is currently running. To access Oracle Service Cloud manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle Service Cloud Products.