What is the cause of the error "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"?
May 2010 and newer releases
The agent is seeing sporadic messages saying that the "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host".
One of the common cause can be a faulty network hardware that is dropping portions of the TCP traffic or a sporadic connectivity issue.
In order to effectively identify if the behavior is caused by network, environment, or customization issues the following information is needed when calling Oracle for customer service.
1. When the error is occurring, attempt to run a Fiddler capture of the error.
FiddlerCap can be downloaded at http://www.telerik.com/fiddler/fiddlercap
Instructions to run FiddlerCap:
1. Install FiddlerCap
2. Start 'FiddlerCap'
3. Select 'Decrypt HTTPS traffic...' and install certificate if prompted (**Important - if this step is skipped the results will not be useful**)
4. Click 'Start Capture'
5. Start Oracle B2C Service and work normally until an error occurs
6. In FiddlerCap, click the 'Snapshot' button to embed a screenshot of the error into the results
7. Acknowledge or dismiss the error message to complete the capture of the issue in Fiddler
8. Once you have captured the error in FiddlerCap select 'Stop Capture'
9. Save the FiddlerCap, select 'Save Capture' and save the file in the default format .saz and attach this to your response in a service request
2. Run a Traceroute, see instructions found in Answer ID 1104: Running a Traceroute
After getting the above logs, please contact Oracle B2C Service Technical Support via Ask Technical Support.