Is there a way to hide menu items of a filter in a report?
Oracle B2C Service, All versions
In some instances, you may have run-time filters that display a large number of menu options. If the staff members using the report do not need to see all the menu options, you can hide the ones that are irrelevant to them to make it easier to navigate the menu list. For example, if an incidents report includes a filter on the assigned group, and some staff members do not need to see incidents assigned to particular groups, you can hide those groups in the filter.
If you need a report to display different menu options to different audiences, create a copy of the original report for each audience and choose the menu options you want in each of the new reports. You can then specify which profiles have permission to open each report.
The steps needed in order to hide selected report run-time filter menu options are as follows:
1. Open the report on the report design center.
2. Click the Filters button on the ribbon’s Home tab, select the filter you want to customize, and select Edit Filter. The Edit Filter window displays the filter details.
Click to enlarge image
3. Click Customize. The Customize Filter Values window opens.
4. Clear the check boxes next to the menu options you do not want to display.
5. Click the OK button
6. Click the OK button to close the Edit Filter window.
7. Save the changes to the report.
For additional information, refer to the 'Add a filter to a report' section in the Online Help User Guide documentation for the version your site is currently running. To access Oracle B2C Service manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle B2C Service Products.