Is there a way to filter out partial email addresses so that incidents are not created from such addresses?
Oracle Service Cloud
You can add the desired partial email addresses along with wildcards to the Discard Addresses field for the mailboxes configured in the Mailboxes table.
For instance, to eliminate all email messages from an address including "admin", add *admin* to the Discard Address field of the mailbox. Another example would be admin* which would delete any email that started with the phrase "admin".
To enter multiple items, separate each element with a comma and do not include spaces in the list. For example:
To edit the mailbox configuration, use the steps below:
- Go to Configuration > Site Configuration > Mailboxes.
- In the left-hand frame, right click on the mailbox and select Edit.
- Click the Incoming E-mail tab from ribbon.
- Under Discard Filters > Addresses text field, add the email address or partial email address (with a wildcard). For example, admin* or *admin*.
- Click Save.
- Repeat for additional mailboxes as necessary.
For additional information, refer to the 'Edit an Oracle-Managed Service Mailbox' section in online documentation for the version your site is currently running. To access Oracle Service Cloud manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle Service Cloud Products.