How are data mappings established in Policy Automation interviews?
Oracle Policy Automation (18A release)
Data mapping enables you to pre-seed data in the policy model from a data source and save outcomes to the data source.
OPA supports connections to the following data source types:
- Oracle Service Cloud
- Web service
Order of data mapping
Data mapping is done at three levels, and in this order:
- Mapping the Global entity in OPA to the equivalent data source table.
- Mapping the non-global entities in OPA to the equivalent data source tables.
- Mapping individual attributes in OPA to fields in the data source tables.
Before you can commence the data mapping process:
- your Hub Administrator must set up a connection to the data source on Policy Automation Hub, and
- you must choose the connection to use for your project in Policy Modeling.
- you must have the latest version of Policy Modeling installed.
There are also other prerequisites specific to each data source type. For more information, see:
- Set up data mappings for an Oracle Service Cloud interview
- Set up data mappings for a web service connection
When setting up your data mappings you need to decide:
- which data (if any) you want to load at the start of the interview and where in the data source this will come from, and
- which data (if any) you want to load during the interview
- which data (if any) you want to load after the interview user clicks a Submit button.
- which data (if any) you want to save after the interview and where in the data source this will be saved to, and
Would you like help collecting this information?Yes, let's chat!