Why can't I see the drop down for my Custom Field in the workspace?
Oracle Service Cloud, All versions
A custom field is created and added into the workspace but the field type is not displaying as it should (i.e drop down menu).
This could be due to the custom field having Read Only permissions enabled. To determine if the custom field is Read Only, follow the steps below:
1. Go to Configuration > Application Appearance > Workspaces / Workflows
2. Open the workspace in question
3. Click on the relevant field within the workspace
4. Click the Design tab on the ribbon
5. Select the Read Only button to see which properties are selected
The Read Only Option will define the state of the drop down fields. If On New is selected, the field will be read-only when the workspace is used to create a new record. If On Open is selected, the field will be read-only when the workspace is used to open an existing record. If Profile Based is selected, the field will be read-only for staff accounts using selected profiles.