A while back, I submitted an enhancement request. How is that request reviewed? How can I check the status of that request?
Submitting Enhancement Requests to Oracle B2C Service Idea Lab
At Oracle B2C Service, we value your input and encourage you to suggest ways in which our products and services could be improved.
Customer-submitted enhancements via the Idea Lab, are reviewed regularly by a team of Oracle B2C Service members, including Product Management, and Development, for member interest, reach of impact, frequency of use, alignment with our product vision, feasibility, resources, market trends, and prioritization against other projects. The Oracle B2C Service product management team updates relevant enhancement requests' statuses, so you can tell if/how your idea is progressing.
Every idea has merit. We strive to review all ideas, but we prioritize responding to top-ranking ideas as indicated by your votes and comments. Product Managers take into account the overall popularity/rank of an idea, but it doesn't guarantee an item will be prioritized on our product road map. Products Managers can and do deliver ideas with varying levels of votes.
Make sure to subscribe to an idea to receive email notifications of status changes and comments from other users and Oracle B2C Service.
"How come my idea doesn't have a status?"
- Your idea is new or hasn't been seriously reviewed by a Product Manager. We strive to review all ideas, but again, we prioritize responding to top-ranking ideas as indicated by your votes and comments. This prioritization applies particularly to the backlog of older ideas that haven't gained a higher level of community support. Product Managers take into account the overall popularity/rank of an idea, but it doesn't guarantee an item will be prioritized on our product road map. Products Managers can and do deliver ideas with varying levels of votes.
- Good idea! We are interested in this idea and want to learn more. As a next step, we need to develop a deeper understanding of the requirements, market relevance, and technical feasibility. See idea comments for specific questions.
- Continue to comment or vote to help us better gauge customer interest and needs.
If an idea stays in this status for awhile, it means that we are either investigating more resources in evaluating this feature or it is in a holding state to be evaluated against another idea as resources free up.
- From this status, an idea can be moved into "In Development" or "Not Planned".
- These ideas are no longer being actively evaluated by development, because of their relative importance or effort compared to other ideas. However, please continue to vote and comment on these items, so we can continue to gauge interest.
- It's underway! The Oracle B2C Service team is working to execute this idea.
- Specific release dates are not included as we are limited in what we can publicly say about the product road map and because we need to maintain flexibility to accommodate urgent projects and other necessary changes.
- HOORAY!! The requested functionality has been implemented and added to the product. Thanks so much for shaping the product and helping us know the things that matter to you!
- Cool, this idea is an existing feature and already available within the product!
- See comments for details on applicable release(s) and functionality details.
- This idea has been developed and added to the product. Thanks much for your ideas and input!
- Oops, this idea has already been submitted.
- See comments for a link to the original idea, so you can add your vote and comments and track the status.
Providing Feedback: Again, your input is very important to us. Provide your ideas and enhancement requests, comments, and votes in the Idea Lab.