When going to Scripts Explorer and saving a particular script, why it is throwing the error message "The script is too large to be stored"?
Oracle Service Cloud
When going to Scripts Explorer and saving a particular script we receive the following error message:
"The following problems are identified during the validation of this script
The script is too large to be stored
There are no paths to the 'page name', therefore this page can not be achieved"
There is a maximum size for agents scripts. The maximum size for agent scripts is 1mb. This limit is not a limitation set by the developers. The limitation is a byproduct of the .Net framework. Currently the only way to see the size of the agent script is to export it. This can be done by following these steps:
1. From the Scripts explorer, right-click the script you want to export and select Open. The script opens.
2. Click the RightNow button and select Export Script. The Save As window opens.
3. Select the directory where you want to save the script definition file and type the file name.
4. Click the Save button to save the script definition file.
5. You can now view the properties of the exported xml file for the size.
Note: The exported file size will be less than 1mb because the changes have not been saved which may be pushing it over that limit.
Possible Workaround: Separate sections of the agent script into smaller agent scripts and design your rules accordingly.
For additional information, refer to the 'Agent Scripts' section in online documentation for the version your site is currently running. To access Oracle Service Cloud manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle Service Cloud Products.