What is a survey by proxy and how do I use it?
Broadcast, Transactional, or Web Link survey
Oracle B2C Service
Any broadcast, transactional, or web link survey can be added to a workspace, enabling your
agents to complete surveys on behalf of contacts during telephone interactions. Surveys can
be embedded in contact, organization, incident, or opportunity workspaces by inserting a Survey
By Proxy control.
Together with Oracle B2C Service Feedback’s advanced mode features, proxy surveys can be used to
initiate more complex processes, such as creating leads and tasks, setting contact field values,
sending staff notifications, and triggering external events. This makes proxy surveys useful for
meeting a variety of key business needs.
- An incident-based proxy survey can be used by customer support agents to invite feedback about how a support call was handled or assess interest in new service offerings.
- An organization-based or contact-based proxy survey can be used by marketing personnel
to prequalify leads and opportunities for the sales team or add contacts to mailing
lists based on their explicitly confirmed interests.
- Opportunity-based proxy surveys can be used by sales reps to gather feedback about
specific sales interactions or assess how well a product fits a given area of need.
To create a proxy survey in a workspace:
- Open the workspace you want to add the proxy to.
- From the Insert Control tab, choose Survey by Proxy
- Drag the control to the location in the workspace where you want it.
- Select the control on the design space and click the Design tab in the ribbon at top.
- Select Surveys, choose the survey you want in the control.
- Save workspace.
Note: You must have a survey created to place into the workspace
For more information on workspaces and controls, refer to Answer ID 2457: Including controls in a workspace.
See also the 'Proxy Survey' section in online documentation for the version your site is currently running. To access Oracle B2C Service manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle B2C Service Products.