Which utilities are included with the Oracle Service Cloud applications?
Utilities included with Oracle Service Cloud, All versions
Utilities are back end functionality that process data on your site. As such, there is no customer available configuration regarding their scheduling. Current utility schedules have been reviewed by subject matter experts and have been optimized for Oracle's infrastructure. While there are many different utilities with varying functions, a few of them are responsible for key functionality. When a utility fails it may temporarily affect available data or processes on your site. For information on some of the more visible utilities, please refer to the following list and the associated description. (In test sites, customers have the ability to enable and disable specified utilities through Configuration Assistant.)
- agedatabase: This utility is responsible for regular maintenance on your database. Some functions include purging old information that is no longer required to help maintain the efficiency of your database, closing incidents with a status of Waiting, SLA instance expiration, setting incidents to dormant and setting answers to the Review status. This utility also caches report data for some reports and clusters answers if using the browse feature. Agedatabase is only run once per day during off hours so the aggregation of stats on cached tables will not be available in real time. It is designed to run in the background and on some sites can take as much as 10 hrs or more on a normal run.
- agedatabase-a: This utility performs incident archiving and purges phrase data. Incident archiving allows closed incidents to be permanently deleted from the database for the purpose of managing your database size. The archive function permanently removes incident data from the tables and adds them as an XML file available through a report.
- agedatabase-C: Utility that purges social monitor data.
- dataminer: This utility performs the summarization and statistical analysis of end user page hits and sessions. The utility executes hourly by default and summarizes the data in the clickstreams table to provide updates to the stats table and inserts to the cs_session_summary table. Dataminer runs on end user data that is 4 hours old therefore the newest end user statistics that are available are 4 hours old.
- dbstatus-l: This utility auto-generates product links.
- dbstatus-e: This utility is responsible for sending application error notifications to the console.
- dbstatus-m: This utility refreshes meta-answer visibilities.
- dbstatus-p: This utility is responsible for populating private messaging from social channels like Facebook & Twitter.
- dbstatus-q: This utility checks round robin queues for overflow.
- dbstatus-r: This utility is responsible for running rule escalations.
- dbstatus-u: This utility is responsible for logging out inactive users.
- dbstatus-w: This utility is responsible for sending out watchlist notifications.
- DQA: (Delayed Query Aggregator) DQA populates the clickstreams table of the database with raw data regarding end user page accesses, marketing tracked link accesses and answer statistics. It should be noted that when dqa is down (removed from the schedule) there will be no end user data or agent statistics to report on as dataminer and agedatabase are also removed from the schedule. This is to maintain data integrity as data dependencies exist between the three utilities.
- fa_cleaner: This utility automatically removes unused file attachments from the file attachment servers. No log files for this utility are included in the Utility Stats found in the support resources section of the "Site Tools" tab on the cx.rightnow.com end user pages.
- keywordindexer: This utility creates an index of the keywords found in incidents, answers, file attachments, and documents indexed by the Web Indexer. The keyword indexes are used when searching incidents, answers, file attachments, and other indexed documents. Indexes may need rebuilt following actions like editing the exclude wordlist file in the File Manager. Incidents have a separate exclude file from the answers.
- link_checker: This utility is responsible for confirming validity of destination links within the answer object.
- reportgen-si: This utility sends scheduled reports per interface.
- reportgen-q: This utility runs reports queued for long run time and operates serially (first-in-first-out) on a per interface basis. Please review Answer ID 7027: Long run time for reportgen-q as to how this functionality may affect your reporting.
- spm_scheduler: This utility is used for scheduling and executing back-end tasks and custom processes. No log files for this utility are included in the Utility Stats found in the support resources section of the "Site Tools" tab on the cx.rightnow.com end user pages.
- techmail-m and techmail-s: Techmail retrieves email from your configured outreach (techmail-m) or service mailboxes (techmail-s) to create new incidents or update existing incidents depending on your site configuration. Please note that email is not a real time support channel. Please review Answer ID 5470: Using support channels to satisfy a short response time for information on using support channels to meet short response requirements.
- techmail-o: Techmail On Demand allows messages to be processed as they come into the mailbox. This feature is only available for Oracle hosted mailboxes and does not affect the route or timing between mail servers. It is important to note that while this will help to process messages sent to Oracle hosted mailboxes more quickly, it is still not considered a real time support channel. Refer to Answer ID 8745: What is Techmail On Demand? for more information.
Utilities specific to Knowledge Advanced
These utilities are only present if your site has Knowledge Advanced enabled.
- IMBatchJobDaily: Sends answer subscription emails to users configured to receive them daily. Resynchronizes the category and product trees from Oracle Service Cloud to Knowledge Advanced. Sends notification emails for scheduled content reviews and content expiration. Removes all personal information from Knowledge Advanced relating to deleted contacts.
- IMBatchJobFifteenMin: Sends answer subscription emails to users configured to receive them immediately. Executes queued bulk updates to content. Publishes articles that have reached their scheduled start date. Runs the shadow account job if it has been queued. Sends notifications for expired workflow steps.
- IMBatchJobWeekly: Sends answer subscription emails to users configured to receive them weekly. Deletes closed tasks.
- link_hoover-okcs-answers: Identifies hyperlinks in the knowledge base to be checked by link_checker.
- okcs-content-indexing: Indexes documents that have already been prepared by the content-update utilities and publishes them to the search index.
- okcs-http-content-update: Crawls web collections and prepares them for indexing.
- okcs-im-content-update: Prepares new knowledge base articles for indexing, or prepares all articles in knowledge base collections for indexing when the "KB Full content update" job has been queued from Collection Setup.
- OptISQBatchJob: Populates user questions into Manage Search Query.