How can I customize the Support History > Questions report that displays for my end-users?
Customer Portal End-user pages (CP), Support History (formerly My Account) > Questions
In Customer Portal (CP), the Support History Questions page is defined by the account/questions/list.php file. That file names which report to use to display incidents for the logged in user. In addition, the top part of the Questions Detail page (account/overview.php) includes a reference to the report to use for the search filters at the top of the details page.
The default report referenced in the list.php and detail.php files is named Questions and has report ID = 196. The default report is located in the folder: Public Reports > Service/Views-Service > Customer Portal.
To customize the Support History Questions report, you must copy the default report and edit the copy. Then, you must update the account/questions/list.php file to use the copied report instead of the default.
- Copy the default report. From the Reports Explorer, go to Public Reports > Service > Views-Service > Customer Portal and copy the Questions report to another folder in the Public Reports area.
- Edit the copy of the report. Add or remove filters and output columns as you wish or set a different sort order for the report. When finished, save the report. For more information on customizing your report, refer to Answer ID 2509: Creating a Basic Custom Report.
- Obtain the report ID for the new (copied) report. From the Reports Explorer, click Choose Details and enable the Report ID box. Navigate to the location of your customized report and note the Report ID value.
- Edit the account/questions/list.php file. Update the account/questions/list.php file to refer to the report ID for the custom report. In the default list.php file, there is one reference to the report ID attribute that needs to be updated.
- Edit the account/overview.php file. Update the account/overview.php file to update the report ID reference in the Grid widget:
The Grid widget is referenced under the QUESTIONS_HDG section:
<rn:widget path="reports/Grid" report_id="196" />
Editing the custom report later: Once you have customized the report used for the Support History Questions page, if you need to edit it further, you can edit the report directly without having to update the list.php or detail.php files. To determine which report to edit, you can open the list.php file to get the report ID. Then, from the reports explorer, click Find and set the Find using field to ID and search by the report ID.
For additional information, refer to the 'Change the Report Used by the Support History page' section in online documentation for the version your site is currently running. To access Oracle Service Cloud manuals and documentation online, refer to the Documentation for Oracle Service Cloud Products.